Living the questions, one moment at a time.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Benincasa 24

I've realized that all semester, I've been throwing around "my roomies" and individual names. But these are wonderfully unique people. I'm starting to tear up just writing this, but here is an ode to the four beautiful girls who have changed my life.

From left: Erin, Michelle, Dani, Ashley
Dani is seriously a piece of work. I don't think one day has gone by when she has not caused me to nearly pee myself. In fact, there have been a few times when I've actually had to sprint to the bathroom because she had me in a dangerous giggling fit. A theater major, Dani regales us with her tales of past performances. She has killer impressions, and can imitate almost any face or voice with perfection. She loves Beyonce, and we've had frequent dance parties in the kitchen to "Love on Top." Dani also has the privilege of sharing a room with me, so we have gotten especially used to each other's habits. If this says anything, Joey met her and proceeded to ask me, "Can she come entertain us this summer?"I am going to miss her terribly.

Erin is a goofball. We joke that we are the perfect "hug match" because she is a head taller than me so we fit perfectly! She does brilliant impersonations from the movie Bridesmaids (seems to have been a favorite this semester). Not to mention, she makes amazing eggplant parm. Erin has the best smile. I can come home after a stressful day, and she's ready with some witty comments and a flashing grin that immediately puts me in a good mood. I will miss her hilarious antics!

Michelle has joked that she's "Mom" in that she's a year older than the rest of us. But truth is, I haven't met anyone who is more compassionate and caring. Not only has she rescued me from a locked apartment, but, more importantly, she and I have talked through quite a lot. A fellow psych major, we enjoy that. :) Michelle and I come from opposite ends of the country (she's a Cali girl) so it's been really fun to talk about our hometowns. Fun fact: Easy A was filmed at her high school!

Ashley. She's such a beautiful spirit. Ashley can seriously take over the world if she wants to. She is so passionate and driven, and absolutely loves people. We have similar values, and I've had very emotional life conversations with her that I will absolutely keep with me forever. Ashley and I are both old souls, and it has been an incredible blessing to be in the presence of such a wise girl. I am confident that many trips to Philly are in the cards for me.


The other day, the girls and I bought bracelets and engraved on them "Benincasa 24," the address of our apartment. We joked that if we ever have to take it off for any reason, "Benincasa 24" best be tattooed on our bodies somewhere. I don't know about them, but I never plan on taking mine off.



To Ashley, Erin, Dani, and Michelle: It's not goodbye. It's NEVER goodbye.

It's "talk to you everyday."

It's "see you this summer."

It's "see you later."




No comments:

Post a Comment