Living the questions, one moment at a time.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Stringing the Positives

As Bailey said in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, "Being happy isn't having everything in your life be perfect. Maybe it's about stringing together all the little things." My little things this week:


Three (yup) peanut butter sandwiches after two long classes.

More Perugia storytelling in my cross-cultural seminar.

A letter in the mail from my "little" at Comfort Zone Camp.

A Band-Aid for a bee sting (yes, I got a yellow jacket right in the arm).

Apple picking with a close friend and our families.

The fact that artists can put their pain into music, and it resonates with me.

Studying that really paid off.

More shopping for a special baby's upcoming arrival.

God knowing me better than I know myself.

Honey-Nut Cheerios.

"The Goldfish Went on Vacation." A beautiful book about childhood grief lent to me for my thesis paper.

Making some progress on said paper, exploring a topic so close to my heart.

Things working out the way they are supposed to. Leading to...

A perfect new job/internship (more about that later).

Joey turns thirteen. And he still thinks I'm the best sister ever.

An (almost) uneventful drive home to the Cape.

moreloveletters.com (look it up).

Thinking of a loved one in the midst of a painful anniversary...but smiling.

Roommates that I care about.

A comfy sweatshirt and my own bed.

The chance for a "next week."

No comments:

Post a Comment