Living the questions, one moment at a time.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankful #19. Dreams.

Ever since returning home in May, I have found myself in a bit of a rut. Routines seem to get in the way of the dreamer side of me. Part of this is somewhat unavoidable, as for much of that time I've had school and work commitments to attend to. But I cannot let that be an excuse for being stagnate.

There are some moments that convince me that I am still in a state of reverse culture shock, nearly seven months after the fact. As I was told before I left, an effective way to ease the effects of this dreaded phenomenon is to create new experiences at home, to become a "tourist" in a familiar place. This is a concept that I've been trying to put into practice.

In the end, I want to be adventurous. I have huge dreams. But I am also the kind of person that dreams like no other and then gets stuck on execution. The details. In some cases this is due to anxiety, but in others I just don't follow through. I can look at inspiration for a giant photo collage all I want, for example, but when it comes to actually going and printing out hundreds of said photos, I'm lazy. But I'm trying to change that.

I am thankful that I have big dreams. And I am thankful that I am learning to fulfill them. One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment