Living the questions, one moment at a time.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful #9. Quiet Time.

While I like school, it can be difficult for me to be around so many people so regularly. Even when I'm alone in my apartment, I can still usually hear people outside or in the hall. I just miss being.

Therefore, the occasional long weekend home is definitely most welcome. This morning, I took an early drive to the beach and just wrote. And I was still. I could hear only the waves (and the occasional seagull). No people. Just me, my thoughts, a pen, my journal, and my beating heart.

Some people don't like to be quiet with themselves, because they are afraid of what revelations or thoughts might come up when they aren't running around from one place to another. It's funny though, because I'm almost the opposite; I thrive on this introspection to keep me going.

That definitely doesn't mean that I always like what I find. But being quiet is the first step in figuring out how to move forward.

And forward is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment