Living the questions, one moment at a time.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thankful #13. Encouragement.

I would not be where I am today without the people who have guided me along the way. That's not an opinion. That's a fact. This guidance includes encouragement.

A recent friend eased my self-consciousness and assured me that I am "not selfish" for wanting to write about my experiences. My professor told me that in fact my thesis is "impressive," and stated that my most recent draft could be my final. Both instances increased my confidence tenfold. But there was long term encouragement as well...those who supported me from home, emotionally, financially and otherwise, while I was abroad. And my mom, who always seems to exhibit the perfect balance of worrying for me and letting me fly.

So thank you, thank you. As someone who occasionally needs a healthy push, your encouragement has changed my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment